Last week I visited the US. This is my third visit to the country. Since people are so friendly there, it is hard to feel foreign in the US but I still cannot stop myself from finding the following things strange about the country.
- They first write the month in a date.
- On US$ coins, they don’t write the values in large numerals.
- Flights at the airports are listed in the alphabetical order of destinations
- At the airports, they still use am/pm for time.
- On a whim, they can drive 100s of kms in some direction and come back.
- After every 30min, waitresses ask if everything is ok.
- Their smallest coffee cup is thrice the size of my expectation of a small coffee.
- They have huge parking lots.
- There are not as many MacDs in the US as I imagined.
Otherwise, the US is fun to visit.